Samyukta Safai Jagaran Saving and Credit Cooperative Limited
The cooperative stands strong easing financial status of waste workers. Established on 29th May 2013 (16th Chaitra 2069), it has flourished itself as stabilizer of the financial status of themselves. It started from 150 clients initially but, today has around 5000 clients. However, with 400-450 active clients, the cooperative is successfully running with the total saving of more than a million.
Who can open an account:
As this is exclusively for waste workers, any waste worker can open an account. However, a copy of citizenship is required for the verification and records.
Types of Savings available:
Only the share holders or the members of the cooperative are eligible for the following savings.
1. Khutruke Bachat / Bal Bachat (Khutruke Saving / Children’s Saving) with 9% interest
2. Echhik Bachat (Random Saving) with 6% interest : Any shareholder can save upon wish.
3. Dainik Bachat (Daily Saving) with 6% interest : Any shareholder can save starting from Rs. 50 per day.
3. Niyamit Bachat / Mashik Bachat (Regular Saving/ Monthly Saving) with 8% of interest : Any shareholder can save starting from Rs. 500 to Rs. 3000 per month
The shareholders are allowed to claim loans as per their need. They can take two types of loans – a) loans with 15% interest and b) loans with 18% interest
There are various purposes of loans. The loans for different purposes and the amount is given below
1. Household Loans : Rs. 50,000
2. Health Loans – Rs. 50,000 – Rs. 100,000
3. Education Loans – Rs. 50,000 – Rs. 100,000
4. Business Loans – Rs. 70,000 – Rs. 150,000
5. Foreign Credits : Rs. 100,000 – Rs. 200,000
6. Vehicle Credits – Rs. 250,000 – Rs. 5,50,000
The health fund aids in keeping the health of waste workers. From hospital fee to pharmaceutical fee to surgical fee, it provides fund to those in need. Amount starting from Rs. 2000 is given. Moreover, the same amount is given to the family in the cases of death too16